Tuesday 16 February 2010

It's amazing - how many more CPAN dependencies

It's true, if you need something done, someone may well have done it before and released a CPAN module. However, there are some that I think might have not been necessary.

After the initial install of my dev area (see last post), I checkout of svn and git my projects again, and started work. However, over the last week, I found a number of other lacking CPAN modules, which I then needed to download.

LibXSLT:

Download Latest version from ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxslt/

./configure --prefix=$HOME/dev
make
make install

Further CPAN modules:

i Cache::Memcached
i XML::Generator
i File::Type
i Math::Round
i Data::ICal
i Date::ICal
i Statistics::Lite
i MIME::Parser
i Perl6::Slurp
i Sys::Filesystem::MountPoint
i XSLT::Cache
i Net::Stomp
i Net::Stomp::Receipt
i GD::Graph::bars3d
i IO::Prompt
i Parallel::ForkManager
i HTML::Tidy
i SQL::Translator
i http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/D/DR/DROLSKY/List-AllUtils-0.02.tar.gz (dodgy md5, so use full url)
i Fey::ORM
i Fey
i Fey::DBIManager
i Fey::Loader

I'm not really sure why we particularly needed List-AllUtils, since List-Utils and List-MoreUtils are already being used, but someone has done so. Also, I am not sure why this (and List-MoreUtils before it) had dodgy md5sums. (I should probably put in an RT ticket).

Anyway, just an update.

No comments: