Friday 19 March 2010

BarCamb3

Ive just been one of the lucky 20 to get a shiny ticket to BarCamb3 in the first batch of tickets released. WooHoo! Just hope now that my wife is better so that I can go.

More tickets are to be released next week, and the following week.

I went to the first 2 BarCambs, which where hosted by Matt Wood at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. They were very interesting events, and I spoke at the 2nd one with a presentation called 'It's Too Much Information For Me', which came to me when I was 5 minutes away from the event in the car, thinking about a Duran Duran song and even the group hadn't been played on the radio.

That's the great thing about BarCamps. They are unconferences, so pretty much anything goes. You turn up on the day, with or without anything to talk about. Mill around having coffee, and put your name up to speak with a topic, or don't, or join some others.

The website for BarCamb is

http://barcamb.ltheobald.co.uk/

and the sponsors this year are Red Gate Software, Paypal and Taylor Vinters Solicitors.

I don't yet know what to talk about/discuss yet. Perhaps it will again come to me in the car. Also, I don't know how 2 days will be filled up, but whatever happens, it is bound to be interesting, and I'm hoping Simon turns up with Mbed again. (I want to play this year please!)

Andy

signup banner

No comments: